Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break


This Spring Break was AMAZING! I got to hang out with my family and take April and Melanie around Southern Utah, which included hiking and repelling. On Monday of Spring Break we went to Bryce Canyon National Park and Zions Canyon National Park. We had a lot of fun and took some funny pictures. The picture on the left is a picture of all three of us at Bryce Canyon National Park. The finger you see belongs to a very well dressed European man that we encountered on the trail. He was wearing slacks and loafers.



We decided to do a little hiking while at Bryce...but we didn't get very far because there was about two and a half feet of snow.

On the left is a picture of April and me knee deep in snow. It is a very good thing that it was a nice day outside and that we dried off very quickly





Here is a picture of Melanie and April hiking in Snow Canyon. It was a really nice day and there are so many beautiful rock formations in Snow Canyon. April did a really good job of keeping up with us hiking...even though she was in a boot because of her sprained ankle. Go Will Power!

We even did a little climbing on the rocks, which is easier said than done in a zero-traction boot.






After hiking in Snow Canyon my Dad took us repelling which was more fun than I could handle. I love repelling...it truly is falling with style. I also love to try crazy but safe things. Like trying to look like spider man or going commando (going face first.)
This is a picture of my Dad and I going repelling...I was trying to look like Spiderman. It didn't work extremely well. But it still looks pretty cool. This is a picture of April going commando. It was her first and last time of the day but she made it look easy. This is a picture of Melanie going commando. She got to be quite the pro and really enjoyed it...even when she was terrified that she was going to die.

Spring Break was so much fun. After my roommates went back to Salt Lake, I got to go to Mesa, Arizona with my family. It was the perfect ending to a great week. I even got to see my Grandma and Grandpa Wagner.

2 comments:

todd & nicole said...

Wow...you are doing such a great job blogging. I am so impressed. I love the pictures and the stories.

Deneille said...

I am loving the spiderman manuver...Hilarious! I wish I could be as cool as you :)